This Year, This Christmas

Christmas is coming fast. The only thing between us and it are a thin twenty-six days. Last year around this time, I couldn't see a point in Christmas. I didn't have any friends. I wondered from day to day "What if I died tomorrow? Would anyone miss me?" I had just broken off a friendship that left me badly burned. I couldn't see any point in friendship. I couldn't see the point in giving gifts to friends when all I saw was betrayal. I couldn't see the point in the obligatory gifts extended family exchanged. They never talk to me. What's worse, I couldn't see a point in celebrating Jesus Christ's birthday.

This year so much has changed. The same Christmas carols that used to discourage me now fill me with joy and humility. God has blessed me with some amazing friends, the best girlfriend I could ask for, and a new love for him. Life still isn't easy, but this year, this Christmas, I know I'm not alone.

So heat up the hot cocoa, dust off the sleds, and remember the reason we celebrate each December 25th. Merry Christmas, all. Here's to many more.

3 comments:

Matt said...

I would have to say its the opposite for me .... Last year was full of joy ... but now I could really care less ... but I plan to change that!

Anonymous said...

nice dan!

Lisa Twigg said...

Now my eyes are all misty!! But its true. Merry early Christmas everyone, and heres to sooo many more.