The Reason Why I Said..

Some of you might recall me saying something recently about telling...kinda dirty jokes. Like I said then, I don't want to single anyone out. And so I won't. But I wanted to kind of elaborate what I was saying. I said that telling those jokes makes me sad. But why? Its because I see my friends as lights of Christ. Even if we aren't praying or at church, I feel like God is with us. He is with us when we laugh, when we talk about important things, even when we play nerf gun wars. So when someone tells a dirty joke, it kind of shatters that presence we have. Now I am not saying whoever says that kind of joke is a bad person. They aren't. They are my friend and I love them. I just wanted you all to know that I love you. And I say this only because of that. I do not say this to make you feel bad. I want to help you. And I hope if I ever tell that kind of joke, or fall in anyway, that you will lovingly correct me. Because the bible taks about God correcting his people out of love. And we all should do the same. I love you guys. Thanks for a great birthday and a great weekend.

1 comments:

AardvarkManiac said...

Thank you Lisha. For me it's definitely been something I've been doing worse and worse in since the beginning of the summer. It's hard when all your closest friends make the jokes. I'm sorry, and I will try to better myself. =)