Change

so...this is my first post guys!!! yeah!! 

     So much has changed in my life since last year. In some ways, I like change. I look back and think "wow! that was me???!!!" I feel like I've developed great friendships this year. I feel like I know every person in the youth group WAY better than before. There's been struggles in the change though. Quite a few big things happened between my parents and I.  I'm learning the boundaries and freedoms of getting older. I'm learning to "pick my battles" (as my dad says).  For example, is it really worth a big argument just to go see some movie that they dont want me to see?  Keeping my parents informed about my life is a plus. When they know about my life and the stuff I do, they tend to give me more freedoms than when I try to hide stuff. haha dont get me wrong...we still have our arguments (frequently), I'm just discovering things I never really thought about before. It sometimes helps to step back and look at things from their perspective.  
     but in some ways, change is scary. Some days I wish I could go back to being 5 years old with no cares in the world. and then college, choosing a career, moving out, having to pay for stuff, manage finances, being even more responsible for everything...AH! talk about frightening! a BIG thing for me is choosing a major. I feel like, in that choice, I'm deciding what I will do for the rest of my life. I know what I love to do, but that will not bring the income that I need/want. I have some vague ideas of some other things I could do, but I'm afraid that I wont be able to handle it or I wont like it. ... 
but you know, i put it all in the hands of my Creator. I know He has amazing plans for me and I'm excited about what He's got for me.
"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope."
....so yeah. my thoughts on change.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Change is bitter sweet

Lisa Twigg said...

Word.I totally feel the same way.